Have you ever run out of orientation booklets and called to ask for exact repeats? While exact repeats can oftentimes be seen as a great solution if you’re in a rush, there are some pros and cons to consider before deciding to print the last version of your booklet. Here are just a few to consider before moving forward:
- Regulatory updates aren’t made. If you’re in a rush and request exact repeats, you could be missing out on important regulatory changes. Adding these changes can often be crucial to home care compliance, so it’s important to get the booklet updated regularly. As always, we recommend a 6-month supply of books to ensure your orientation booklet gets a review twice a year.
- It still takes 2-3 weeks to print/ship. One of the biggest misconceptions about exact repeats is the length of time it takes to print and ship. Many assume that since it’s the same version as last printing it won’t take as long, but unfortunately that’s not the case. The booklet still has to go through the same production process and still requires the same ship time.
- Missing out on price breaks. By ordering more frequently of the same version of the booklet, your agency could be potentially missing out on significant price breaks. Ordering a 6-month supply will ensure your orientation booklet is updated regularly, and it also ensures you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
- Saves time. As you already know, when you call to reorder your home health or hospice booklets, your reorder goes in our queue and waits for an editor to review it for any suggested changes. By printing an exact repeat, you’re eliminating that time altogether.
- Goes to print immediately. Requesting exact repeats of your orientation booklets ensures they go to the printing department on the next print run, which is usually the same day. If you’re in a hurry, this is a great benefit.
- No suggested changes. Sometimes, you’ll call and we won’t have any suggested changes for you. If this is the case, we can suggest printing exact repeats right away! This will speed up your process and you’ll have the books in hand in just a few, short weeks.
So as you determine whether exact repeats are the best option at this point in time, consider the pros and cons listed above and determine what works best for you.